Carlee Russell: Family and boyfriend ‘so grateful’ after missing Alabama woman found

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, a 25-year-old woman from Alabama, went missing after stopping on the interstate to check on a child. Her family and loved ones express their gratitude to God for her safe return. According to the police, on Saturday around 10:45 p.m., two days after her disappearance on Interstate 459, Russell appeared at the front door of her parents’ home in Hoover, where she resides.

According to Hoover Police Chief Nicholas Derzis, Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell approached the door and knocked before being reunited with her family. She was subsequently transported to a nearby hospital for assessment and has now been discharged. The Hoover Police Department has been in contact with Russell and is actively pursuing their investigation into the matter.

A spokesperson for the Hoover Police Department stated that the specific details mentioned in the previous statement are part of an ongoing investigation, which is expected to continue for the next few days. The initial phase of the investigation involved retracing Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell’s steps leading up to her disappearance.

Although the circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain unresolved, Russell’s family is grateful that she has returned home safely. Talitha Robinson-Russell took to Facebook and shared a message expressing their appreciation for the support they received,

“Please consider the fact we have not slept for 3 nights and we are mentally and physically exhausted,” she wrote.

Russell’s boyfriend, Thomar Latrell Simmons, took to social media to express his gratitude and relief. “Thank you to my lord & savior Jesus Christ for saving my girlfriend’s life!”

“I have been going nonstop since I received the call that she was missing on Thursday night,” he wrote. “I know she would’ve done the same for me, so I wasn’t going to give up until I saw her face again!”

Simmons adamantly refuted any allegations suggesting his involvement in Russell’s disappearance. He dismissed such claims as false and based on unfounded assumptions.

Carlee Russell’s disappearance

The search for Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell commenced on Thursday evening. On that night, she contacted emergency services by dialing 911 and subsequently spoke with a family member. During their conversation, Russell disclosed that she had observed a young child walking alongside Interstate 459 South near Mile Marker 11 in Hoover, Alabama.

According to Carlee’s mother, Talitha Russell, her daughter had been on the phone with a family member when she decided to pull over in order to investigate the situation and ensure the well-being of the child.

“My daughter-in-law could hear her ask if the child was OK, and the child didn’t respond – at least she didn’t hear her respond,” Russell said. “Then she heard our daughter Carlee scream.”

During the period when Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell went missing, the line of communication with her family remained open.

Upon reaching the scene, authorities discovered Russell’s red Mercedes still in operation near the interstate; however, both Russell and the child were nowhere to be found.

“Her car door was open,” Talitha Russell said. “They have found her wig and her hat, and her cell phone.”

To aid in the search for Carlee, the phone is currently undergoing forensic analysis to uncover any potential leads. Investigators have clarified that no reports of missing children have been filed within the vicinity.

According to police, a witness recalled seeing a man standing next to Russell’s vehicle shortly before the officers’ arrival at the location.

“A single witness has reported possibly seeing a gray vehicle with a light-complexioned male standing outside Carlee’s vehicle,” Hoover Police Lt. Daniel Lowe said at a press conference.

Investigators are diligently retracing Carlee’s actions since her disappearance.

More stories:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *